Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Palmer's Homestead

This morning we went garage sale-ing. We expected to maybe buy a tool or two. The first thing that we saw at the first garge sale, were these trees. We have been looking for some good trees and these were perfect! Gotta love garage sale-ing. We are also very excited about our new wall! It doesn't seem like much, but we love it. It makes us want to stay here for a little while longer! (shhhhh) Sorry Reynolds & Pitts! Just kidding.





Just picture a garden between the house and the lovely chicken pen. Then some grass between the camera and the garden. Lastly, one of those new fancy trees to the right of the picture... muah!





Kami and I are debating and we want your input... in this corner, we have two options. 1) Rebuilding the nasty, tin, rotted-wood, old shed that we took down to build the wall and saving a buck. OR Buying a very reasonably priced, brand new car-smelling, stable, strong, eye-pleasing shed from home depot! Is there really a choice? Kami seems to think so, so help me out! :)

12 comments:

The Allen's said...

trees from a garage sale huh? I love it. Never have seen that before. I think I would but the new shed because things i see in my brain never turn out as good as I imagine and cause let's be honest...kinda lazy. good luck whichever choice you make.

The Blakes said...

Kami! It's Jeannie Shill. Looks like you are doing great. I vote new shed.

Jami said...

Whatever..I know Kami wants to move down here. If only she could move her house, and yard, and wall with her!
It sounds like Kami wants to save the buck, and Steven wants to get a NEW shed.
I am usally with Steven on these matters, b/c we all know I am a spender. BUT, you are moving (at least I HOPE SO), so it might be better to save the buck, and get a shed at your NEW house down here!

David and Tia Palmer said...

I vote new shed! It would definately be a plus NOW AANNDD maybe then you wouldn't want to move....all because of a new shed! (PS We want to keep you here as long as we can)
ALso-if you HAVE to move-it would be a plus for the people looking to buy your place. Just a thought!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

The wall looks great! I say that if you guys are STAYING, then get a new shed. But, if you make the poor decision to MOVE, then just get the tin house.

Cook Zoo said...

Man, there's nothing like a car-smelling shed. I say go for it. (Sorry Kami!) ;)

Holly Janeen said...

i know where Kami is coming from.
oh how i wish i could fix up a house like yours! you guys are doing such a cute job- you make it look EASY!

Deanne Wahl said...

I love your post Steve. I didn't even know that you guys put in a fence. It looks amazing! It was so much fun to see you this weekend. Thanks for calling. We will see you in a couple of weeks :) Love ya

Mary Ann said...

You know me I'm a palmer.. and I say spend the money for the shed! :) Kami is such a good saver! Your backyard looks great. you guys are the best!

carla thorup said...

hi Kami! remember when we taught chinese kids together and the "bad matt" stabbed the pencil in the other kid's head? sad but oh-so-good times. Just thought i'd say hello :) and cute house.

Lyndee said...

Hi Kami!! Jami found my blog through Carla's and I found yours through Jami's. I hope you don't mind but it's so fun to see what all of our China friends are up to and keep in touch. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet girl. I can't imagine losing a baby, you're much stronger than I am. I hope everything is going well for you and your family! And I vote rebuilding... what a fun family activity and you could make it look super cute and vintage (I'm sure Jami agrees).

Reynolds Fam said...

let him get it kam!!!

Life without music would be like life without chocolate!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Swidget 1.0