Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tears, Scars, Cars, and Food!

Sorry that we haven't posted for so long! We have not had internet. Finally, I tapped into someone's wireless internet in the area and now we do......

Anyway, my brother Levi left on his mission. He was a huge cowboy who loved to ride in these hills behind my parents' house. Well, as Levi was driving away with my sister (in the black van), my brother David rode up the hill and waved from the top. It was pretty cool. Levi loved it.





I know what you're thinking if you read my sister's blog a few months ago... no, she did not punch me in the face...again. This was just a basketball accident. I didn't want to post it, but Kami made me promise. Notice, I had to shave half of my eyebrow! It gets worse... now it's healed and I still only have half an eyebrow! Oh well, Kami still thinks I'm hot.




Kami and I are taking a cooking class and we love it. I think I'm more into it than she is. She occationally doesn't like to go, but I look forward to it all week. It is a blast! We basically go and make gourmet food and then eat it for a grade! How do you get any better than that, I ask myself? You don't.





Kami and I in our cooking class. This dish was our favorite. It's called Baahmi. It is Indonesian and wow, it's good!




Our teacher showed us how to do this. It was awesome. Unfortunately it was just for looks because the pan is empty... just oil and lemon juice! Oh well, it looks cool!




And last but DEFINATELY not least, my new truck! I have always wanted a truck and I finally got it. We were always borrowing people's trucks and trailors. So finally, we sold my car and bought this. It gets about 25 mpg and is a stick shift. It works perfectly. The only thing is that it doesn't have much power.

We hope y'all are doing well. Thanks for taking interest in our lives (or at least doing a good job at faking it!)

11 comments:

j & s said...

you guys are just the cutest! i tell justin all the time that we need to be more like kami and steve! and kami i just cant stop dreaming about you... its starting to get creepy i know! :)

Whitney said...

Im sorry about your "accident". Having half an eye brow Im sure isnt fun. Steven, if Kami is doing things to harm you please talk to someone. Its not worth all the abuse. She can be quite volitile sometimes. Yeah for cooking classes though. Maybe you can come and teach Zach and I how to cook.

Jami said...

I love that you finally posted...these blogs keep me going durning the day! I LOVE your truck, and it is amazing that it still gets 25 miles! ALSO, steve you are out of control with your 1/2 eyebrow. I LOVE that you shaved it. anouther also...I LOVE your cooking class. I have been trying to cook more crazy lately. I feel like I make the same old all the time, so I have been trying to shake it up. When you are down next we should cook as couples...could life get any better?

Spencer said...

Love your truck and the cooking class. I can't tell you enough how much I love food. I've thought I would love to take that class with Jami but I think she would just end up teaching the teacher how to cook, but I least I would learn something, I only know how to make cheese crisps, but they are good. Oh and Mac and Cheese. I can make that too.

Ashley said...

That cooking class looks fun! We're so excited for you and a truck!

mel palmer family said...

That one picture with the fire in the pan is SWEET! I love your new truck! and that picture you got of levi waving is a good one! if you look close you can see Febee up by dave and levi is waving out the window

Jessie and Byron said...

Hey Steaven and Kami,
It was fun to see you in the temple Kami, and I did see Steaven but I didnt talk to him cause I was waiting for Byron, you guys look awsome!! Hope you remember who I am and so you don't think I am some psycho!! lol!

Mary Ann said...

ya right max.. tell them the truth about me hitting you! :) love the update. your cooking pics are awesome! we love having you here!

Deanne Wahl said...

I love you in your little chef's outfits! That would be so fun to be able to take that class together. And you got such a good shot of Levi driving away. Didn't his letter sound amazing! Come vist sometime! We would love to see you! I can't wait for the girl's weekend :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

That would be so fun to be in a cooking class together!! I like the new truck too!!

Camille said...

I wish my husband loved me enough to go to cooking classes with me.

As it is, I can't even get him to do the dishes (but that's okay because when he does, he just stands at the sink with the water on HIGH, and will scrape every particle of food off the plates before putting them in the dishwasher. I'm talking...a minute per plate!). Anyway, thanks for the update!

Life without music would be like life without chocolate!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Swidget 1.0